General Information Seventh through twelfth grade girls at Heritage Academy may sign up to participate in spring 2015 Soccer. Heritage Academy currently anticipates having one Varsity team that will play eleven to fourteen local and non-local (Saint Louis and Kansas City) matches between March 9 and May 14. Season practice will begin Monday, March 2. Practice location and regular practice times will be announced closer to the start of the season, although practices will likely occur on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, after school, from 3:15 – 4:45 or so.
Registration Timeline Please register no later than Friday, January 23, if you would like for your daughter to participate in the season. It is important for us to have a roster clearly in place at least one month before the season begins. Thus, the January 23 deadline.
Cost Cost to participate is $300 although families who register before the third Friday in October may pay a reduced registration fee of $270. The Participation Fee may be paid in full at the time of registration, OR a $100 non-refundable deposit may accompany the student’s registration form. The remaining balance must be paid in equal monthly payments, submitted on the first of each month, November 1 – March 1. No refunds will be generated for withdrawals that occur after the last day of January.
Required Athletic Equipment Each student will be responsible for having a pair of cleats, quality socks (to prevent blistering), and shin guards to wear to games AND at practices. Students who do not wear shin guards to practice will not be permitted to participate in practice for the sake of safety, and may accrue half an absence (versus one whole absence), provided that the students remains present and engaged in practice to the extent that it is possible.
Eligibility Requirements Specific criteria for eligibility may be viewed by clicking on the bottom link in the left sidebar. Please note that your athlete must provide formal record of a current sports physical that is dated within twelve months of the first day of practice in order to participate in Heritage Academy athletics. This record must be provided to the school’s office before the first day of practice, preferably with registration forms. A Consent for Medical Treatment Waiver must also be on file with the school or submitted by you to the school if it is not already on file.
Home and Away Games Home Games Heritage Academy's home games are played at Cosmo Park (1516 Business Loop 70 W, Columbia, MO 65202). There are no blankets at this field, so spectators are encouraged to bring chairs or blankets to sit on.
Travel to Away Games Directions to away games are posted below. Parents are responsible for providing or arranging their student's transportation to and from home and away games.
In an effort to facilitate community and help with arrangement of transportation, for the spring 2015 season, a parent volunteer has coordinated a way for parents to indicate which games they might be able to help provide transportation to or to see how they might join in a caravan to the away game. Please follow the link to see the information or sign-up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4ca5ac23abfa7-soccer
Game Cancellations Due to Weather or Field Conditions Any decision to cancel a game because of inclement weather or poor field conditions will be posted on this web page under Important Announcements. Columbia Parks and Rec. also has a cancellation hotline that announces when field play is prohibited due to poor field conditions, in which case, home games will be canceled: 874.7663.
Directions to Away Games Tower Grove Home games will be hosted at Thomas Jefferson School 4100 South Lindbergh Boulevard, Sappington, MO 63127. Estimate Travel Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes.
- Take I-70 East toward St. Louis - Take exit 210A to merge onto I-64 E/US-40 E/US-61 Stoward Chesterfield - Take exit 25-25A-25B for I-270 N/I-270 S towardChicago/Memphis - Keep right at fork, follow signs for I-270 S/Memphis and merge onto I-270 S - Take exit 5A for I-44 E/MO-366 E toward US-50 E/St Louis - Keep right, follow signs for Missouri 366 E / Watson Road - Turn right onto S Geyer Rd(signs for Rott Rd) - Turn left onto Rott Rd - Turn right onto S Lindbergh Blvd. - School will be 1 mile down the road on the left.
Lighthouse Preparatory Academy Their home field will be at the 63 sports complex that is just outside of Jeff City on the West side of Hwy 63, before Hwy 63 merges with Hwy 54 to cross the Missouri River. After driving south on Hwy 63, merge onto US-54 W/ US-63 S/ CF Red Whaley Expy toward Jeff City. After a half mile, take the ramp toward Mo-W/Airport. Turn left onto Cedar City Drive. Cedar City Drive will become MO-AF/ Nuter Road. You will end at 12575 Renze Farm Road.The soccer fields will be clearly visible. Approximate Travel Time: 30 Minutes
Christian Fellowship School Christian Fellowship School is located in Columbia, Missouri, and will host their home games at Cosmo Park (1516 Business Loop 70 W, Columbia, MO 65202).
Crosspoint Christian Academy (Location changed on March 9, 2015) Home games will be hosted at Union High School located at 1 Wildcat Drive, Union, MO 63084 Estimated Travel Time: 1 hour and 55 minutes
- Drive East on I-70 toward Saint Louis - Take the MO-47 exit (EXIT 193) toward Warrenton/Hawk Point; merge onto MO-47 toward Warrenton/Hawk Point and continue 29.9 miles. - Turn RIGHT only East Independence Drive / MO-A (continue .4 miles) - Enter next roundabout and take the first exit onto W. Main Street. - Take the first RIGHT onto Wildcat Drive; the school is on the left.
Kansas City East Home games will be hosted at Forty-Acres-and-a-Mule Park: “Forty Acres and a Mule,” located at 7620 East 79th Street; Kansas City, MO 64138-1134.
- Drive west on I-70 toward Kansas City - Merge onto I-435 S via exit 8A toward I-435 S/Wichita & continue 5 miles - Take the Gregory Blvd. Exit, Exit #67; turn LEFT onto East Gregory Boulevard and continue ½ mile - Turn right onto James A Reed Road; continue 1 mile - Turn right onto E. 79th Street; the park will appear on the right within half mile
Tri-City Christian Academy Home games will be hosted at Hidden Valley Park: 21211 NW Valley View Road; Blue Springs, MO 64015. Estimate Travel Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes.
- Take I-70 West toward Kansas City - Take “Little Blue Parkway” exit (exit #17) and turn Left at top of exit ramp. (continue .5 miles) - Turn left onto Heartland Drive/Heartland Avenue - Heartland ends in a T at Valleyview Road: Turn left onto North West Valley View Road - The soccer fields will be ½ mile down the road on the right.
* * * * * * Applewood Christian Academy Applewood Christian Academy will host their home games at the Paul Klover Soccer Complex, also called Clover Dell Park. From Columbia, take I-70 west approximately 45 miles. Merge onto US- 65 Hwy south via exit 78A toward Sedalia. Stay on 65 through Sedalia until you get to the 32nd Street stoplight; turn right onto 32nd street; the road will immediately fork; you will need to turn right to stay on 32nd Street. Continue on 32nd Street approximately 1.5 miles. The Clover Dell Park entrance is on the left. Applewood will host their games on field 1. Approximate Travel Time: 1.25 hours.
Christian Academy of Greater Saint Louis Christian Academy will host their home games at the Sportport Complex located at 12525 Sportport Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043. Estimated travel time is 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Take I-70 toward Saint Louis
Take the Earth City Expressway South exit, EXIT231A.
Merge onto Earth City Expressway.
Earth City Expressway will become Maryland Heights Expressway. (Continue 1.8 miles).
Turn right onto Sport Port Rd. The complex will come into view. Christian Academy typically plays on the first field, however a large sign toward the entrance of the park will have games and their locations posted.